Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Awesome God: Worship Songs for Children

Awesome God: Worship Songs for Children, Sovereign Grace Music

Several weeks ago I, along with a number of other bloggers, received a copy of this CD for review. Sovereign Grace Music is a division of Sovereign Grace Ministries, the ministry led by C. J. Mahaney.
At first I was not especially taken with the CD because the music is not particularly my style. My boys thought the chorus of “Forever God” was a bit funny as it repeated “on and on and on.” They said it went “on and on and on.” However, from the beginning we appreciated the careful and substantial lyrics. Indeed, as we listened more we were won over. Now it is a favorite. The music is fun, but the best part is the God-centered, gospel-oriented lyrics.

One that I especially like is “Your Love.” The chorus in part says:
Your awesome love protects me
When I sin your love corrects me
You’re faithful to direct me
Always to Your love
I appreciate the discussion of God’s love including his gracious discipline and care.

This can be a fun resource for encouraging our children in thinking biblically.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

This is the only CD that my 2 year old twins want to list to in the car.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

My toddler and I were just listening to this last week. She seemed to really enjoy it and I liked the fact that she was hearing good, sound doctrine in the process. I'm a big "fan" (for lack of a better word) of Sovereign Grace products.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I just finished reading the Cross Centered Life this past month. It would wonderful to have some Cross-centered music for my 4-year old. Thanks for the tip.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Spirit of Adoption said...

We LOVE this CD!!! My son is 2 1/2 and knows several of the songs and sings with the CD! And my 16 mo old raises her hands in worship when a couple of the songs come on that she seems to find particularly worshipful!!! It's amazing how the Lord has used this CD to draw our kids into worship! I'm glad you changed your mind about it too!!! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Here.